Clemster's Playground

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I'm enagaged!

That's right folks. On Saturday September 29th I asked Lesley to marry me. We had spent the night at the church with the youth and shortly after lunch we went to her apartment to enjoy a few minutes of quiet before heading out to run some errands. To her complete surprise I went to one knee, pulled out the ring, and proposed. Before even looking at the ring she said yes and had me back up on my feet so she could hug and kiss me. We spent pretty much the rest of the weekend calling and talking to people to share our excitement. I got a number of comments on my huge smile at church Sunday morning. Everyone is so happy for us. It's nice to know that we're not the only ones who see this as being a relationship blessed by God. The most common reaction was, "Well it's about time!" even though we just celebrated our fifth month of dating.

We don't have a date yet, but we're considering either getting married at the beginning of her reading week in February or once the school year is done in April/May. Once we take some engagement pictures I'll be sure to post them. With Thanksgiving being this weekend I'm sure there will be lots of opportunity for photos.

Matthew.

4 Comments:

  • Congrats Matty! So happy for you. It's so good to know that you've found someone who loves you so much, whom you love so much, and that God has brought the two of you together and blessed you both with this relationship. Congrats again, and best of luck through all the wedding plans and preparations.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 PM  

  • Wow! That's awesome! I am so happy for you, I should hit you for not calling;)

    By Blogger The Martins, at 8:29 AM  

  • eheh..that previous comment was from Alysha. :P
    She calls over to me this morning and asks if I was ever going to tell her. I asked, "tell you what?"
    "That Matthew's engaged!" She said.
    Holy Handgrenade, Batman! I hadn't read yer blog in over a week now I guess.
    Did it take much time to plan out, this ring thing? Did you have to keep the secret for very long?

    By Blogger Toby, at 8:59 AM  

  • I know i'm late, but congrats man! That's awesome... I was just thinking of messaging to ask if you were engaged yet!

    Sweet!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home