Clemster's Playground

Saturday, April 21, 2007

A New Chapter Begins

I have a girlfriend!

Those four words still seem strange to me, but they are true none the less. As of yesterday, Friday April 20th, Lesley and I are a couple. I have a girlfriend and her name is Lesley. I've mentioned her a few times in my blog and I've added a link to her brand new blog in my Friends list along the side. I've only known here since the New Year but I've had my eye on her pretty much since I first saw her.

Now I'm by no means talking about love at first sight cause that's not really a concept I believe in. As I've mentioned before I tend to get crushes easily so I knew I had a wait a while and see how things developed. And well over time the crush continued to get stronger and stronger. I had been planning on waiting to have "the talk" after her exams so it wouldn't be a distraction for her. Well apparently I under estimated how much of a distraction I could be by not saying anything. So after another weekend spent with her and Val, where much fun was had by all three of us, she asked me while chatting on Gmail if it would be possible for the two of use to spend some time one on one. As soon as those words flashed on the screen I knew I was "in trouble", and that I couldn't wait any longer to tell her how I felt about her.

That night I went over to her place cause I needed to share with her some things about my past. Things that I felt it very important that she needed to know before we went any further. I asked her for a little time, a week at the most, to think and pray about the situation. I also wanted to give her a little time to think and pray as well. I am very grateful that she was able to give me the time and space I needed despite how agonizing I'm sure the wait was for her. I'm sure she's grateful that I didn't take the full week I had asked for. ;) You can get her side of the story here at her blog.

Last night, after meeting with her for lunch to tell her that I was ready to date her, we spent some time planning the rest of the year for the youth, and then hung out at Steve's place with the one youth, Dylan, who actually came out. We played The Game of Life and I had fun playing things a little larger than life. I have a reputation of being a nasty Uno player cause I do the same thing in that game. There's always gotta be that one player everyone loves to see get their just desserts so I figure it might as well be me. Heh heh.

Today I played a little Diablo II with Steve and Dylan before spending the afternoon with Lesley shopping for shoes. Neither of us enjoy shopping much so we figured we could make things easier by shopping together. She bought some new hikers and some nice summer dress shoes. I found some hikers as well but had no luck finding dress shoes for work. My current ones are in a pretty sad state, but eventually I just got too frustrated so we went back to her place and played with her two dogs for a bit and then vegged on her couch. Shopping makes us both tired. Lastly we went to Harvey's for dinner and then decided to call it an early night because of tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the first Sunday for our band under the new format. So that means we have to be at the church from 8am until probably 12:30pm as we lead worship for both services. The other big thing of the day will be Lesley coming over for supper to meet my parents. By the time we head off to College and Careers for 7pm, we'll be all blushed-out for the day. Between people at the church, our friends, and my parents I'm sure we'll be blushing a lot. So tomorrow is definitely a big day for us, especially for Lesley. I have a feeling we'll be physically and emotionally exhausted by the time we get home.

Please pray for us as we enter this new chapter of our lives. We greatly desire that our relationship will be honoring to God and an example to the youth that we serve at church. Pray for me that I can step up to the plate and get my own spiritually life in shape and take the lead when it comes to our spiritual life as a couple. Thank you all so very very much.


Matthew.

3 Comments:

  • um...i didnt hear anything about meeting your american buddies...that is the true test!! :-)


    Lane and I are happy for you guys!!! You two are
    tooooooooooooo cute!! :-)

    By Blogger Jeremy, at 10:32 AM  

  • Dude, that rocks man. I'll keep you both in my prayers and thoughts.

    Tobs

    By Blogger The Martins, at 12:56 PM  

  • Yeah, what about us Americans!


    -Fish

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home