Clemster's Playground

Monday, January 15, 2007

Maybe Life Isn't So Bad After All

This weekend was a good one. Mostly because I was able to spend time with friends. I wasn't cooped up in my room on my computer or watching movies. Well I did a bit of that, but I guess it was just a moderate amount.

Friday night Steve and I played board games with the junior youth. A little Monopoly, Malarkey, Mad Gab, and Pictionary. We had a decent sized turn out for the first event of the New Year, about ten youth, so we both had a chance to hang out with everyone there chat it up while playing. Some of those kids are a riot.

Steve called me at work on Friday to tell me we were going to the men's breakfast on Saturday morning. One of the guys at the church that Steve has gotten to know pretty well was talking. I kinda forgot to set my alarm, so I wasn't awake when Steve arrived, but he came early so we still ended up being early for the breakfast. Josey talked about setting goals and a value system in life with which to measure our actions by. God definitely hasn't given up on me in regards to trying to get my priorities straight cause He keeps sending reminders my way. I mean you gotta love how stubborn we humans can be. We keep trying to run our lives our own way despite how poor our track record has been in the past. Saturday night we went to a small city-wide college and career's worship service where a different speaker talked about putting God first and trying to show others God's love through our actions. The worship was well done and helped set a great mood for the night. I was able to talk to a few friends that I hadn't seen in a while. And during those conversations I started stating that I'm looking into worship as a career. Now I haven't actually started looking, but I think I'm ready to which is a big step for me. Part of the talk in the morning was about keeping your goals in mind. So maybe if I say it enough I'll actually work up the courage to do some serious digging in regards to getting into worship ministry.

Sunday morning was pretty typical, but it's nice to have a large group of friends to chat with again after the service. For a while there we were a pretty scrawny group. Sunday night was my time to lead the music again. We were a little anxious about it because our bass player wasn't able to get his shift off work. Even though we was able to find someone to trade shifts with him, work just wouldn't let him. So Ian filled in, and filled in perfectly. We all had a lot of fun on stage and it felt like the congregation had fun too despite the seriousness of the message. God was there in the music and the preaching so you could feel His tough-love, in a way, behind the message.

I got a call around supper from the worship coordinator at church. They want me to lead worship on a Sunday morning. My first instinct was to say no, but I figured I should think about it.... and pray about it so I asked if I could get back to him. I've posted before about the issues I have with the morning service and how formal and flashy it can get. I'm all about small, intimate services and the morning service is nothing like that. But you know what, if I'm serious about worship then I should at least give it a change. It will be my first time leading in a morning service at this church. I've been up there on stage in the past, but not as the lead. So I'll be kinda nervous since there will be a whole four of us on stage.

Well I guess that's all for now. It's nice to finally have a positive post. And it's nice to finally have real winter weather here with snow and cold temperatures. Hooray for winter even if it's late.

Matthew.

1 Comments:

  • Aye, the winter is good. Despite the -30 and my tired little car, it is good. :)

    I will pray that God will continue to lead you in this possible path. Very exciting to read.

    I could use prayer as well, my friend. Our worship coordinator is still not ready to have me up on stage on a regular basis. Once a month. I attempted to join another church's group who were quite familiar with myself, but was denied as a result of new protocol requiring my effective membership into their congregation. Thus I am still searching. If it weren't such a commute, I be with ya bub. Totally. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home