Clemster's Playground

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Holidays Were Meh

My holidays were pretty dull this year with one exception - I spent New Year's Eve with Dana and Andy. They called me up that afternoon begging me to come. Considering how bored I had been the previous week it didn't take much persuading to get me to go. It was so nice to spend New Years with people who really care about me. They can be pretty challenging though especially when it comes to bugging me about finding a new job and moving out of Sudbury.

Over the break our office was remodeled and reorganized. We knew it was coming but it was kind of a shock how different everything is. My cubicle is very open and it's quite disconcerting. I've always had my own room/office so this is going to take a while to get used to. I should be getting a new desk and hopefully another partition so my space isn't quite so open. I just don't like having my back to everything. Turns out one of the new guys at work will be leaving so the bosses will have to look for another employee. They are going to have a hard time getting that position filled permanently cause it mostly involves fixing the mistakes inherent in our student information system and not a real programming position.

Since I was so bored over the break I made several trips to the mall just to see what kind of sales were out. It was kinda strange walking out of places like Futureshop without spending money. My eyes were always peeling for some sign of a Wii, but no such luck. I was pretty shocked to see a dozen PS3's just sitting on a table in Futureshop.

This year I experienced my first green Christmas ever. The weather has been so funky. Mind you it was nice for traveling but man was it ever strange not having any snow. And of course now that I'm back to work the snow has returned... in small quantities, but it's back.

Matthew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home