Clemster's Playground

Sunday, February 18, 2007

200th Post!

So I had another busy weekend, but as usual I'm not complaining. Friday night Steve and I were at the radio station with the senior highs which amounted to Dylan, Sam, and Jordan. We had a lot of fun goofing off in behind the scenes. One of the doors makes a farting sound just as you close it the last inch. So Steve had Jordan sit at the main desk and "lean" as if he were going to let one rip. The timing was just perfect and Steve caught it on camera. If you didn't know any better you'd think it was real. Jordan also did a few of the song intros in French which was a riot cause when ever he'd read the song title in English he'd do it with a French accent. Unfortunately due to an apparent lack of interest the youth will no longer be able to run the show on Friday nights. It's possible we did the last Phenomenon.

My parents were away for the weekend at a wedding so I had Steve, Val, and Lesley come over for dinner. Saturday morning I just lounged around the house mostly chatting on MSN. After lunch I went and bought all the food I figured I'd need and they came over at 3pm to talk a little bit about youth. I made them chicken fajitas which were quite delicious if I do say so myself. I ended up buying too much food so I didn't cook it all. I guess we'll see if my parents use it or not. The worst being nearly an entire spanish onion, half of it being chopped up. After dinner, two other friends came over, Chantal and Everest, and we chatted for a bit, played a game and then watched a movie. I decided to introduce them to The Question Game. It's a pretty simple game. All you need are some pens and slips of paper. Then everyone writes down questions on paper and puts them in a bowl so that others will draw them out randomly and answer them. Dana and Andy introduced me to this game and it's a great way to get to know other people. You usually get a good variety of silly questions and well as deep ones. Your first time playing it you tend to get worried about the possibility of getting that one questions you'd never want to answer in a group setting. But after a round or two it gets comfortable. You have to love it though when one persons seems to get all the questions around a particular topic. For instance Val seemed to get all the relationship questions - who was your first crush, who was your first kiss, etc. VERY good times. They obviously enjoyed it too since they want to play again some time. I still love to host. After the game we watched Spy Game. By the time everyone left and I did a bit of cleaning it was 2am when my head hit the pillow.

This morning was the regular church and lunch routine, but some of us went to see the Wolves game in the afternoon. My dad got a bunch of free tickets so he gave them to me since they were out of town. The game was so-so in terms of the quality of play. Mind you it got quite exciting in overtime and the Wolves win in the shoot-out was very dramatic. Go Wolves Go! After the game was done we had about an hour to kill before church so we went to Tim Horton's to hang out and warm up since wind outside was so cold. After the evening service we watched a Nooma video for college and careers and then went out to eat since we didn't have supper between the game and church. As we were waiting to pay for the food tonight Lesley commented that we nearly spent just as much time together this weekend as we did on the retreat. I know I had a big smile on my face when she made that comment cause I know how much I appreciate spending quality time like this with friends.

This week is going to be a busy one for me outside of work. Tuesday night there's a big church meeting to talk about how the changes to the services will affect those of us involved in music at the church. It could be an tough meeting to sit through as I'm sure some people may feel left out of the new plans. We all know that the main choir will be disbanded so it will be interesting to see where those people end up. If they end up on my team I'll be laying down the law about practices. They didn't have much of a policy before about how mandatory practice was, but it will be for my group. Wednesday night I'll be practicing with the band for a youth event on Friday night and the Sunday evening service. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze some time in during the week for Steve, Val and Lesley.

Matthew.

1 Comments:

  • Hey bub,

    Happy 200th post!
    Glad to hear about the hanging out this past weekend. The question game! Man that brings back memories. :P

    So God has been answering prayer and letting me lead some worship at first again. Interesting times eh man?

    Oh, hey are you on facebook? I'll hook ya up if you can't get in. It's amazing who you are able to connect with. Just yesterday a childhood friend added me. Totally nuts!

    K, l8r g8r!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home