Clemster's Playground

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Why Do Weekends Have To End?

The road trip this weekend with Lesley was soooooo good. Taking her to see Dana, Andy, and Nathan was such a great experience for both of us. For me it was a chance to get to relax with my closest friends as well as an opportunity to get to know Lesley in an entirely different setting. Thankfully just about everything I hoped to have happen ended up happening. But not only did God meet my expectations, He exceeded them.

I hoped Lesley would have a relaxing weekend away from Sudbury even though she was going to be in a situation that would normally cause her a lot of anxiety. I hoped Lesley would get an idea of how much Dana, Andy, and Nathan mean to me. I hoped Dana and Andy would accept Lesley with open arms and welcome her into our "family". I hoped Lesley would have some alone time with me, Dana, and Andy. All of these things happened, but then God took them to a deeper level than I ever could have hoped for. Obviously the weekend wasn't perfect, but it gave Lesley and I an opportunity to work through the bumps which brought us closer together.

Talk about a great way to end our first month as a couple. Today Lesley starts her summer job. For the first month she'll be sitting behind a desk so we'll have to try and maximize our time together before she leaves for two months of field work. Pray for us that we'll be able to work a proper balance between spending time with us, spending time alone, and spending time with friends.

Oh and one last exciting tidbit of info. We traveled 850 kms (approx. 530 miles for you Yanks) on 3/4 of a tank. Hooray for diesel! :D

Matthew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home